Wednesday, July 17, 2013: Today was a very productive day. I was able to get the upper drawer completed, including the runners, and fit to the opening. The wedged tenons turned out very nice. I also got the second drawer glued, and will be able to finish it tomorrow.
The coffee table joinery moved along nicely. I cut and fit, to perfection I might add, all 12 tenons. The method Paul teaches for mortise and tenon nets some very nice results. Everything fits well at the shoulders. He is very much against undercutting the joinery, which means when the shoulder fits, it is a solid fit, not just an “at the surface” fit.
To end things for the day, I was able to get the leg assemblies and apron fit and checked. I’m not sure what tomorrow will bring for the table, but if I had to guess, I would go with shaping the feet and columns, although, the lower spreader could also be on the to-do list. We’ll see in the morning.